Types of Bail Bonds in San Diego, CA
Don’t roll the dice on your future, with over 50 years in business serving locations in Southern California including, San Diego and El Cajon, Vista, Santee, Chula Vista, La Mesa, National City – King Stahlman Bail Bonds is ‘Most Wanted’ when you find yourself in trouble!
The type of bail bond you will need depends upon whether the crime is prosecuted on a Federal or State level, as well as the nature of the crime.
You will also need to consider whether you have sufficient cash on hand to pay both your bail and the significant legal expenses associated with your defense. Most people find it to their benefit to secure a bail bond so they can use their financial resources to mount a robust defense.
The following are the different varieties of bail bonds:
- Federal Bail Bonds: If you are charged with a Federal offense, such as armed bank robbery, you will need to secure a Federal bail bond. These bonds are typically much more costly than bail bonds for crimes prosecuted by the State of California.
- Immigration Bonds: Foreign nationals charged with crimes in the United States are required to secure immigration bonds. The process in obtaining these bonds is extremely complicated and involves a great deal of risk for the bail bondsman.
- Cash Bonds: If you have sufficient funds, you can opt to pay for your bail yourself. This involves a certain degree of risk because you will not have access to these funds until 60 to 90 days after the conclusion of your trial.
- Surety Bail Bonds: These bonds involve numerous contracts with a bail bondsman that establish conditions for your release, and a means of ensuring you appear for your trial. In many cases, you will need to provide some form of collateral.
- Property Bonds: In some circumstances, you may have the option of using property in lieu of cash to secure your release from jail. The property you use must have an assessed value – twice the amount of the bail required by the court.
We specialize in “emergency crisis management” for your KING-SIZED problems and we are known for being trustworthy, discrete, affordable and fast-acting. As we like to say, “It’s better to know me and not need me, than to need me and not know me,” so don’t hesitate to call King Stahlman Bail Bonds 24 hours a day, seven days a week.